Monday 7 January 2008

To Moderate or Not to Moderate - That is the Question.

To moderate or not to moderate - that is the question.

Some of the comments I have received on this blog have been deleted due to the fact that for me to have published, would have implied support for statements which have not exactly been anything to do with the subject of the blog. I think it only fair that comments made are relevant and to do otherwise is be a waste of time. I also have some difficulty with anonymous comments and although not averse to publishing such comments it would be nice to think those commenting could do so without hiding behind anonymity.

Anyway, my feet are sore and I am a little cold. The team have just returned from plodding around the ward (for those who might have missed previous blogs, that would be the Lickhill Ward for which I am standing for election to Calne Town Council). We bumped into a couple of people whilst out and they were extremely positive about the leaflets and what we had to say which is always encouraging. Most people of course were sensibly shut up in their homes in the warm, well away from the cold outside. I've said in previous blogs that any election campaign at this time of year is difficult probably because people do tend to want to stay in their cosy homes and I can't really blame them. Another reason that makes any form of campaigning difficult particularly for those of us who have full-time jobs is that we have to plod the streets after dark and some of the paths to the front doors of some houses are quite poorly lit making it very difficult to see where you are walking. I would imagine it would have been quite entertaining to see me walking into bushes and tripping over steps that were almost invisible, but I won't make too much of this or the Health and Safety police may consider banning individuals from walking about at night.

Finally, an update to yesterdays blog when I commented on Dr Nazir-Ali's statements about no-go areas created by Muslims and the denial of Labour and Lib Dem politicians that this is a real problem. Well, I didn't include Conservatives amongst those listed as making such a denial, when I should have said that William Hague, failed Tory ex-leader and shadow foreign secretary, said: “I don’t think that view is factually correct. I’m not sure where these no-go areas are, I don’t recognise that description.” Oh well, perhaps Dr Nazir-Ali is wrong after all... or perhaps, again, these politicians are frightened because if the truth is exposed the BNP will gain in popularity even more than they have been doing, because they are the only party to tell the truth about what is happening to our country and as said before, this threatens the cosy existence of these mainstream politicians. Too many of them have been too cosy for too long, I think it's time for change.

3 comments:

Man Of The Woods said...

As we know, these no-go areas certainly do exist.

Wishing you every success in the election.

Anonymous said...

Just to keep you busier, fortcoming Wiltshire County Council by elections in Holt and Paxcroft, and Trowbridge East wards
(http://indigopublicaffairs.wordpress.com)

Good to see a candidate in either of these wards.

Robert Baggs said...

Thanks black rat, we are aware of it. I would be interested to know if you live in the ward as you could do what many of us have done. We wanted BNP representation in our areas, bit the bullet, and decided to stand ourselves. If you want any help or advice just let me know. Thanks for your comment.

Best wishes

Rob