Saturday 26 January 2008

Back to Electioneering In Calne

I hope there are one or two people left out there who check in occasionally to see if I have updated my blog. I know it's been a while so sorry about that but it's been unavoidable I'm afraid. The week before last I was unwell and this week I have been in France on a skiing holiday that was booked well before the by-election in Calne's Lickhill Ward was announced. I would have made mention of the holiday before but it 's probably not the wisest thing to announce publicly that your house is going to be empty for a week!

The holiday was fantastic, a week in Montgenevre in France, a stones throw away from the Italian border, with 14 friends. Excellent stuff - I may add a couple of photos here as soon as they are done but for now it's back to normal.

I only arrived back mid-afternoon today so have yet to catch up what is happening with regard to the election but I have a rather large post-bag containing copies of the leaflets for other parties, that have been posted to me from BNP members and supporters in the Lickhill ward! If any of the other parties standing run out of leaflets let me know as I seem to have rather a lot you can have back.

The campaigning begins again as from now and with election day less than a week away, it's going to be a busy week, although this time next week it'll all be over and we will know who the new councillor is. For those of you who are in the Lickhill Ward and reading this, but have yet to receive my leaflet, some of the text is below for information:-

I am a 48 year old local man being born and bred in Calne, having attended school in Calne and working and living within the local community in Calne. I am a father of four and grandfather of 3 and I want to do my bit to ensure that they and future generations inherit a town and country that they can be proud of. I am pleased to be your local BNP candidate and believe that truly local people are best suited to understand local problems and if elected I will my best to ensure that the concerns of ALL local people are addressed and acted upon to the best of my ability.

I hope to get around the Lickhill Ward to meet as many of you as I can but if I miss you and you would like to talk about the issues affecting our local community please

call me on 01249 815470 or 07747 628051

or email me on rbaggsy@yahoo.com

or drop me a line at British National Party, PO Box 3275, CALNE, Wiltshire, SN11 8WJ.

The BNP: working Hard in Calne

- Anti-social Behaviour - I will campaign to ensure that Calne has adequate police protection with more policemen "on the beat" and for the police station to be manned and opened to suit local needs.

- Town Centre Redevelopment - I will campaign to ensure that local people are properly consulted and engaged in discussions regarding major projects which affect the town, by utilising local media outlets so everyone knows what is going on.

- Traffic Calming Measures - I will ensure that reviews are carried out in all the local traffic hotspots with a view to introducing appropriate measures to reduce the congestion we see in the town.

- Sustainable Building - I will oppose all building projects in the town where local people feel that such projects are being carried out in the interests of greedy developers rather than in the best interests of the local community.

- Infrastructure - I will work to ensure the town council proactively engage with the appropriate authorities to ensure there is an adequate infrastructure to cope with a growing population so Calne does not continue to become simply a dormitory town for Chippenham.

I do hope to meet even more of those living in the Lickhill ward prior to polling day and also on polling day itself, which is - Thursday 31st January 2008 - at either the North Star Club or the Army Cadet Hut polling stations.

The skiing seems so long ago already.....!

No comments: