Sunday 24 February 2008

Who Are The Racists?

I often try to work out what the word “racism” actually means. I really have no answer but being involved with the British National Party it is a question that often arises. Ski Sunday has just finished on the television and it was followed by an advertisement for the BBC’s Asian Network. I must presume this to be some exclusive Asian radio station that it would not be right for me to listen to even if I wanted to. It certainly does nothing to foster good community relations, unless of course you are from the Asian community. So it would make sense then for the BBC to introduce an English Network or a British Network aimed at the indigenous population of these lands, but it wouldn’t do that as it would have to acknowledge the cancer of political correctness and include all “British” people, those people who are British by virtue of the fact they live in Britain. (If I went to live in Pakistan could I call myself “Asian”? I don’t think so!)

The BBC also is responsible for the divisive Music Of Black Origin awards. Again, I see no reciprocal arrangement for white people, no, there are no Music Of White Origin awards we can look forward to. Why is this?

Closer to home we have recently been reading the news of the trial of those Asians responsible for the horrific hammer attack on white 15-year-old schoolboy Henry Webster at the Ridgeway School in Wroughton. But this has not been reported in the national papers nor on the national television news, the only coverage has been in North Wiltshire newspaper the Swindon Advertiser. In fact, the first of two trials, two because of the number of Asians involved, has reached it’s conclusion but the verdict has not been made public. Why so much secrecy? As I have said in a previous blog, if this was a trial of white men, as a result of such an attack on an Asian schoolboy, there would have been wall-to-wall media coverage and the name of the victim would have been as well known as that of Stephen Lawrence.

A further local example of how there are double standards with the “racism” question, is that of Wilfred Emmanuel –Jones, the black A-list prospective parliamentary candidate for the Conservative party for the Chippenham constituency. Wilfred is, or was, being followed by a Channel 4 documentary team and on two occasions I have been interviewed by them and asked the same question which I will mention in a moment. Wilfred is also known as the Black Farmer as this is the name of his meat products business. Would it be possible for me to start up a similar business and call myself The White Farmer? I am sure I would be deemed racist even for suggesting it so why is it ok for Wilfred? Incidentally, Wilfred also has another site relating to his political activity and this can be found here. Some readers may remember that Wilfred once claimed the countryside was “far too white!” With all of the recent concerns regarding propriety in politics the question has to be asked as to whether the Black Farmer site is there to further Wilfred’s ambitions as a politician or is it the other way around?

Further examples of organisations created solely to benefit ethnic communities can be found below (thanks to the BNP web-site for these). In looking at this list the question has to be asked whether or not it would be deemed racist if the words “White” or “English” were substituted in some of the names of the organisations below, I’m sure it would.

1. Watford Asian Community care

2. Watford African Caribbean Association

3. National Black Police Association

4. Metropolitan Black Police Association

5. Black Londoners Forum

6. Black Information Link (BLINK)

7. Operation Black Vote

8. Federation of Black Housing Organisations (FBHO)

9. Black Training Enterprise Group

10. Southwark Black Heritage Organisation

11. Asians In Media (AIM)

12. Barfi Culture (Asians)

13. Black Britain

14. Black Enterprise

15. Black net Community

16. The Black Presence In Britain

17. Black Search

18. Black UK Online

19. Chinatown Online

20. Clickwalla (Asian)

21. Dimsum (Chinese)

22. CEMVO

23. Every Generation (Black)

24. MMLondon (Asian)

25. Red Hot Curry (Asian)

So, the fact that the British National Party exists for the indigenous population of our country surely cannot be deemed racist. Apparently it can, the double standards apply here apparently. Whilst it is apparently perfectly acceptable to belong to one of the above organisations the British National Party is deemed a “racist” organisation for wanting to protect the interests of its own. In fact it is interesting to note that I have attended meetings at the highest level within the BNP and also know the party leadership well but I have never experienced what the media might call “racism”. In fact, I have heard worse from Calne town councillors!

Now, back to the question asked by the film crew, it was simply something on the lines of why the BNP do not accept black people into the BNP. Perhaps questions should be asked of all of the other groups above as to why they cater solely for non-white people, then perhaps they might like to let us “racists” in the BNP know what answers they receive!

2 comments:

The Green Arrow said...

Very good article and excellent supporting links to put the point of the black organisations over in the 2nd part.

I must bookmark for future reference.

Well done Robert.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,

I have sent emails to three of the entities that you have listed asking as a white English male, could I join their club/association/society or whatever, asking if they would agree that it is racist to block certain members of society who are not of their colour or creed. I signed the emails as Ivor Whitehead and wished them a good day.

Sorry I could not resist it, I would love to get a reply, but as I sent the emails anonymously so as to stop any attempt to cause me harm I will not recieve a reply, but it made me feel good.

Cheers