Monday 17 December 2007

Robert Baggs Blogspot = Source of News

I have been inundated with messages of support this week as a result of various items that have appeared in the local press, so as I am unable to thank everyone via the Wiltshire Gazette comments section, I will do so here. Thank you for your support, it has been very welcome and very encouraging to know there are so many of you that believe in what we are doing.

As said I would have put this message on the comments section in the Gazette, but along with many other local BNP members and activists we are blocked from registering on the site. Free press? You’ve got to be joking, what are they afraid of?

Anyway, it seems my blogspot is now a source of news for the local press, so at least someone is reading it. Some of you may have read my story about the rapidly developing soap opera starring local UKIP supporters here in Calne. On Thursday 6th December, I reported here about the resignation of my Aunt, Mercy Baggs, from UKIP and lo and behold in the Wiltshire Gazette on Thursday 13th the following article appeared, here. Nice to see I have an acknowledgement. It’s also nice to see that local UKIP’ers are panicking about the situation. Local organiser John Ireland is less than pleasant in his remarks, which I suppose you could expect considering he was instrumental in the departure of Mercy. Additionally, denials of any spat abound from other party members, funny that as they were actually present during the incident.

Another mention in the press was reported to me by a local supporter. This time the Wiltshire Times are responsible with their report “Police reassure public over BNP leaflet claims”. Unfortunately the report isn’t available on the paper’s web-site so I can’t link it but it starts “The British National Party has been posting leaflets canvassing for members in Calne over the past week. The leaflet claims that robberies, muggings and sexual assaults have increased in the town.” It later adds “Wiltshire police is a non-political organisation. However, we are aware of certain information which has been circulating within Calne”. There is more but these two selections are interesting. The first because the leaflet we have been putting out, over a lot more than a week (!) is this one crime leaflet (here). Now, I might not be the sharpest nail in the toolbox but can’t see the word “Calne” anywhere in the leaflet. If anyone else can please let me know. The second point is that the police, although a “non-political organisation” have been made aware of the leaflet. I wonder if they are also made aware of all other leaflets that circulate within Calne.

This story developed further when on Friday the local Calne reporter on the Wiltshire Gazette rang me as she had had calls from several locals complaining about the leaflet. After a chat with her the following report appeared on the paper’s web-site here. Again, several interesting points arise. Firstly, “…furious residents complained to police after the BNP pushed propaganda through their door”. Furious??? As a result of the above leaflet? I’d hate to think how they would react if they received something offensive…. but then with no Labour party in the town I suppose that is unlikely! Next, we see a local landlord, picked at random (?), suggesting we “are not showing our true colours”. Presumably the landlord has seen our web-site and realises we have a whole raft of policies about every issue that every other party has and feels we are under-selling ourselves – just have a look at http://www.bnp.org.uk/ to see what I mean. (The membership application is in the post Richard).

Now to a very interesting bit – remember above, the police stated they are “a non-political organisation”, well, the Gazette report says “Police sent the leaflet, which has a form to fill in and send off to know more about the party, to the town council”. Why? Why would a non-political organisation send a copy of a totally legal leaflet to the town council? Would it be they agree with it? Are the local police to be counted amongst our many members within the police force who have to remain anonymous for fear of losing their jobs? Probably not. As this seems to be happening in other parts of the country I can only assume that the police have received orders from above such that the BNP have to be obstructed from carrying out perfectly legal activities as one would expect from a perfectly legally registered political party. The thing is that the more they do this the more the public can see we are right and come to join us.

If this blog appears to be knocking the police then believe me we are fully behind the hard-working average copper. The ones we have a gripe with are the ones at the top who seem to be more concerned with acting in the interests of political correctness and this fascist Labour government than dealing with anti-social behaviour – their response to this leaflet proves my point.

Finally, a comment found on the Gazette item from “kathy27” summed it all up really and certainly caused me to laugh out loud, she commented “HELP! I need to call the police, I’ve just had a Somerfields leaflet through my door”.

Enough said really.

6 comments:

kathy27 said...

Thank you Robert, glad i made you laugh. I must say i dont know much about your party (i would be interested in find out more) but i think anyone that wastes police time like that should be charged.

Anonymous said...

The leaflet was the best thing i have had through my letterbox in a long time.
I am fed up with the way this country is going to the dogs! we are a minority in our own country and freedom of speech is a thing of the past.
The BNP certainly gets my support.
Is there a email address you can post on your site?

Robert Baggs said...

Thanks again for all of the messages of support. If you want to make contact you can either send a comment with your contact details and I will respond. I can moderate the comments and so will reject any with personal details, once I have made a note of them, and they will not appear on this blog. Alternatively you can write to our PO Box:-

PO Box 3275,
CALNE,
Wilts.,
SN11 8WJ

or ring 07747 628051 and leave a message - I will pick up any messages at the end of my working day.

Best wishes

Robert

Anonymous said...

The sooner the bnp get in control of calne the better.
You may be banned from the gazette forum but you will always be welcome on www.calnetalk.com.
I never recieved your leaflet but read it on line and had to agree with what was on it.
What i do not understand is why people are so afraid of the bnp.

Robert Baggs said...

Many thanks spooks. It would be nice just to get one representative on the council so your hopes for getting "control of Calne" may be some way off. What we need is active support from local people and although this is being received more of it would be very welcome!

Hope to look in on www.calnetalk.com very soon so thank you for your kind words in that respect.

Regarding the fear of the BNP it may have something to do with how cosy the politicians from the established political parties have become, together with their regular income for, in the main, not doing much for it. They are afraid we are gaining in popularity and intending to upset their apple-cart and upset it we will!

If you want any literature or sample party newspapers please let me know.

Anonymous said...

I would think that any normal person who read this leaflet would agree with the policies laid out. The BNP's policies are nothing too dissimilar than were the Conservatives in the 1950's. I would love a BNP government, a return to pre-war levels of crime, respect for the nation.