Wednesday 25 June 2008

Cuban Recovery

Managed to get out of bed on Tuesday at 10am. Never experienced jet-lag before but went to bed at 10.30pm last night and couldn't get to sleep until 2.30am this morning. This wouldn't have been so bad but getting up at 6.00am this morning didn't do much for my ability to function particularly well at my first day back at work especially when faced with 101 things that had accrued during my time off. The morning was certainly a struggle but things improved as the day progressed and hopefully, tonight will see off the worst of it, so tomorrow will see the first instalment of my experiences in Cuba - I'm sure you can't wait!

As a starter it may be of interest that Ken Livingstone stayed in the same hotel in Havana as I did, but I was a paying guest and not there at the invitation of the Mayor of Havana, although there is a connection - ex-Mayor of London and the nephew of the current Mayor of Calne - perhaps it was destiny........

No comments: