Wednesday 12 March 2008

Smell the Coffee Darling and Make it Fairtrade...

I arrived home for lunch in windy Calne today and switched on the television to see the news, unfortunately however the channel was showing live coverage of the chancellors budget statement. Within seconds I decided, as if I didn't know already that we are governed by a bunch of fools. It never fails to astound me how these people ever get elected to serve this country as they are the most dislikeable group of people you could ever encounter. You just have to look at them and listen to them "hear-hearing" to see what I mean.

What is it that changes normal people into arrogant, conceited and condescending human beings once they become representatives of the people? It not only affects those elected as MPs but also those elected as councillors and affects all political parties including unfortunately, my own although not to the same degree. A little bit of fame and the ego starts to develop, perhaps the government should spend more NHS money trying to develop a cure or perhaps holding "workshops" (great word that.... if ever I attend a workshop I make sure I wear my overalls and take my bag of spanners!) with a title of "No, Actually You Are Not God".

Anyway, back to the budget which is being called the "Green Budget" as it has increased taxes to help compensate for the damage caused by this phenomenon known as the greenhouse effect. What a load of cobblers! How on earth does Alistair Darling,and that bunch of highwaymen he works with in the Labour Party, think that by taxing the British public it will make any difference to global warming, if it is actually happening? I think it will actually result in more money going into the government coffers so these MPs can abuse it by claiming the obscene allowances that they have tried to keep quiet.

Does he think that if we British recycle everything and don't pollute, the real criminals responsible for the destruction of this planet, the USA, China and India, will sit up and take note and follow our example? I don't think so, wake up and smell the coffee Darling and make sure it's Fairtrade!

I mentioned in a recent blog that those at the top need removing and if there isn't a major move away from the established main three political parties at the next general election then I fear all may be lost as it will appear that the majority of the British public have given up the fight. However, I believe that the longer we suffer from this corrupt establishment the worse the underlying anger of the British people will become and there are those who, if change isn't effected democratically, will take matters into their own hands and God knows what will happen then.

One thing I am sure of though is that Enoch will be looking down on us and saying "I told you so".

No comments: